12 September 2007

Milkshakes (Poem from Before Sunrise)

Written by Iris Watts Hirideyo ( Contact the author of this post )
Published on September 12th, 2007 @ 08:21:15 pm, using 142 words, 69261 views
Categories: Movies, Memorable Scenes

Before Sunrise

Daydream delusion
Limousine Eyelash
Oh, baby with your pretty face
Drop a tear in my wineglass
Look at those big eyes
See what you mean to me
Sweet cakes and milkshakes
I am a delusion angel
I am a fantasy parade
I want you to know what I think
Don’t want you to guess anymore
You have no idea where I came from
We have no idea where we’re going
Lodged in life
Like two branches in a river
Flowing downstream
Caught in the current
I’ll carry you. You’ll carry me
That’s how it could be
Don’t you know me?
Don’t you know me by now?

You can find an audio version on the poet’s website.

Bookmark this Post
Milkshakes, poem, Before Sunrise, film, scene, Jesse, Celine, poet, sweet, cakes, baby, pretty, face, delusion, angel, fantasy, parade, youtube, video, Linklater, romantic, Vienna
scuttle co.mments Technorati del.icio.us digg SpyMy StumbleUpon backflip blinklist BlogMarks BlogMemes BuddyMarks Feed Me Links! FURL gravee Linkroll ma.gnolia netvouz reddit shadows Simpy spurL TagTooga wink Yahoo! My Web

Comments, Trackbacks, Pingbacks:

Comment from: Mo [Visitor] Email
Very nice.
PermalinkPermanent Link 09/15/07 @ 22:26
Comment from: andie [Visitor] Email
simply amazing ... tx for putting it up
PermalinkPermanent Link 06/01/08 @ 13:51
Comment from: Iris Watts Hirideyo [Member] Email   http://www.hirideyo.com
Amazing indeed. You're very welcome. :D
PermalinkPermanent Link 06/02/08 @ 08:05
Comment from: Edward [Visitor] Email   http://rapid4me.com
one of my favourite movies and the favourite scene in it! as for the poem...wow! no words!thanks so much for that:)))
PermalinkPermanent Link 01/25/10 @ 02:33
Comment from: Iris Watts Hirideyo [Member] Email   http://www.hirideyo.com
My pleasure! It has that effect on me too... :D
PermalinkPermanent Link 01/25/10 @ 06:49
Comment from: Delusion Angel [Visitor] Email
This is one of my favorite movies, and especially in the love genre. The poem speaks to every relationship in our lives, not just romantic though and that's what I love about it. It really does touch my soul. Thank you for this beautiful posting that details such a fantastic moment in the film.

Delusion Angel
PermalinkPermanent Link 06/09/10 @ 13:21
Comment from: AD [Visitor]   http://gmail
this is beautiful. fell in love with it the very first time i saw the scene in the movie where the austrian poet on the river-side reads it to Jesse and Celine. the poem reminds me so much of the one and only person i've fallen in love with ans everytime i read it, i cherish the memories i had with him.. it makes me miss him. its beautiful.
PermalinkPermanent Link 09/04/11 @ 13:43
Comment from: Iris Watts Hirideyo [Member] Email   http://www.hirideyo.com
In total agreement with you. I just love the entire arch of the storyline spanning both movies (Sunrise and Sunset) that detail two experiences that fascinate me. Really 'meeting somebody, making a connection' to quote Jesse and finding them again against the odds. I always love to hear that I'm not alone in cherishing the poem, the movies and the characters. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
PermalinkPermanent Link 09/04/11 @ 17:48
Comment from: Aldo Elam Majiah [Visitor] Email
this is an amazing poem in a great movie altogether. Thx for putting this!
PermalinkPermanent Link 12/19/11 @ 00:34
Comment from: david jewell [Visitor] Email   http://davidjewellpoet.com
Actually, I wrote the poem.
It turned 23 years old on Feb. 26th.
It should be "lodged in life" instead of launched.
a couple of other things too.
I have it on my website, with a spoken word version with
my friend playing guitar. Thanks for posting it.
Just wanted to say hi.
PermalinkPermanent Link 03/11/13 @ 00:57
Comment from: Iris Watts Hirideyo [Member] Email   http://www.hirideyo.com
Wow, what an honor! I'll get to that correction in a second and I'll be adding the link to your site as well. Thanks for dropping by! A real honor :)
PermalinkPermanent Link 03/11/13 @ 08:20
Comment from: david jewell [Visitor] Email   http://www.davidjewellpoet.com
hey Iris, Thank you! dj
PermalinkPermanent Link 03/28/13 @ 15:02

This post has 21 feedbacks awaiting moderation...

Leave a comment:

Your email address will not be displayed on this site.
Your URL will be displayed.

Allowed XHTML tags: <p, ul, ol, li, dl, dt, dd, address, blockquote, ins, del, span, bdo, br, em, strong, dfn, code, samp, kdb, var, cite, abbr, acronym, q, sub, sup, tt, i, b, big, small>
(Line breaks become <br />)
(Set cookies for name, email and url)
(Allow users to contact you through a message form (your email will NOT be displayed.))

Iris' Journal

You never know what might be going through her mind... But Movies, Photography and Books will always be the likeliest subjects.
For those who don't know me in the real world, my name is not Iris.
Iris Watts Hirideyo is my virtual alter ego.
Intelligent and/or well-meaning comments pertaining to the content of the actual posts are ALWAYS welcome. Everything else will be summarily deleted. With gusto. :)
Spammers, F*** OFF!!!
Everybody else, have a nice day :)

Site Statistics

Most-viewed Posts

Most-verbose Posts

Journal Summary

• 1160 posts written between 23 July, 2007 and 21 October, 2013
  • 696,408 total words
  • 11,616,162 total views
  • 2350 comments left by readers

Miscellany

XML Feeds

Users Currently Online

• Guest Users: 31

The Extras

Contact the admin     Engine: b2evolution     Hosting: Hostgator.com
Content Copyright ©2007-2014 Iris Watts Hirideyo. All Rights Reserved.